Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

China Glaze First Mate and NYC Starry Silver Glitter

I was super busy after I had started this blog. It was all about Christmas, business trip and Chinese New Year in the past 2 months. I had no time to share although I was painting my nail regularly, and that made this post the first nail polish post after so long. 

Most of the blues doesn't work well with my warm skin tone. Therefore I was trying to avoid adding blue into my stash. I told myself last Oct that I should be more experimenting to find the perfect blue for myself. I then got myself 3 bottles of different blues (China Glaze First Mate, Blue Year's Eve & Skyscraper). Today I am going to show you China Glaze First Mate. I got this color by accident, I was originally ordered another color from the same collection but the seller accidentally sent the wrong color. I thought this color was very pretty indeed so I decided to keep the color.


I have gotten this bottle for 2 months now but have no courage to try it on since I have a phobia on blue polish on me. I finally took up the courage and put it on me. At first I was worried, but once it was on, I was "Wow"... This is such a beauty! 


Decided to add a little spice, I had overlaid it with NYC Starry Silver Glitter which I purchased in Target while I was The States last Sep. The result is really satisfying and I keep staring on my nails since I have it on.


Here is how the little beauty is, sorry that I have forgotten to take a photo of my nails before the glitter is applied.
With Sunlight:

In the shade:

This is 2 layers of China Glaze First Mate with 2 coats of NYC Starry Silver Glitter. I also applied Seche Vite in between First Mate and the glitter to ensure smooth applications. I used Poshe Base Coat and Poshe Top Coat for the final touch.

Til next time... Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment