Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

China Glaze Grape Pop Swatch & Review

For those who had been reading my blog would know that I accidentally 'burnt' my fingers while preparing dinner about 3 weeks ago. I'm not going to tell you the whole story again, you can find how could all that happen here if you are curious. *wink* Because of the incident, the skin around my finger tips are peeling off as you can see in the first photo. My bf says that my fingers now look like the experienced guitarist's. *laugh*




Hmm.. Are you looking at the lovely color on my finger nails instead of noticing the dry skin around my finger? That's what I am going to show you next...... *Drum Roll*  The China Glaze Grape Pop from Up & Away collections! It had been a while since I had last painted my nails with China Glaze color as I was overwhelmed by the new collections by other brands. I don't really like the recent China Glaze Spring collections and therefore I have been focusing on OPI and Zoya lately. But I do look forward to the Hunger Games and Prismatic collections though *grin* Okay, enough of all the old story.. I know you are anxious to see the color. 


China Glaze Grape Pop
Grape Pop is a blue based purple creme which is very similar to OPI Funky Dunkey (did I get spell it correctly?). I am not sure how similar both are as I don't own the OPI FD, but there are some comparisons photos on web where you could look for. I wanted to get FD but ended up getting this as I wasn't able to find FD. I got this color from my last trip to US on last Jan but had totally forgotten about it for the last 2 months. 


China Glaze Grape Pop - Natural light
Grape Pop is definitely gorgeous and I like how it makes my skin look fairer. The above two photos give a better idea on how the actual color looks like. I wasn't putting much hope before I put on this color but I did end up liking it so much.


China Glaze Grape Pop - Camera Flash
The formula is great but on the thick side which is the usual standard of China Glaze polish. You wouldn't have any major application issue and the color leveled itself out so easily. I definitely will use this color again in the future. What do you think?


Til next time... Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment