Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Essie School of Hard Rock Swatch & Review

I know that I have been neglecting my blog for almost 1 week. I was super busy at work this week as I was going through some sort of qualification test at work. I am finally done and could steal some times to relax and update! 

Today I am going to show you Essie School of Hard Rock which is part of the Winter 2011 Cocktail Bling Collection that was released Q4 2011. It was love at first sight with this baby but it was overtaken by other color in my priority list, therefore I only purchased this in Feb 2012. Another reason that held me back from bringing it home earlier was I kept worrying that my warm skin tone would not able to carry this cool tone baby well.

But I have decided to give it a chance and today I am going to show you how this color looks on my warm skin tone.


 Essie School of Hard Rock is a greyish green with a hint of teal that made it leaning to the cool side. Well, you could tell that I was too paranoid about this color being too cool for me. It does look pretty on me isn't it.




I have no complain about the formula of this color, it went on smoothly like applying butter. The only thing I do not like about Essie polish is the tiny brush. I have a pretty big nail bed and I have applied a few more strokes to have my whole nail covered. 




The above swatches are with 2 coats with Essie First Base and Essie Good to Go. Now that I have used Essie Good to Go several times, I really recommend to those who are looking for a good fast drying topcoat. The only miss with Good to Go comparing to Seche Vite is Seche Vite has shinier finish.  

Hope this could help you to decide on this color if you have a warm skin tone like me.

Til next time... Esther


No comments:

Post a Comment