Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Birthday Mani - OPI Fly

So, It's my birthday today! Okay, it's officially over in Malaysia. But who cares, it's still my birthday else where! :)


Since this is my special day, I have decided to put on a color which I do not usually wear and it's OPI Fly from Nicki Minaj collection. It's a pretty bright teal leaning towards green. It's the first color I have got from this collection and I love this color at the instant I put it on my nails. The application is effortless and can be opaque in just 2 coats. It looks a bit jelly-ish on the first coat, but after the 2nd coat, it looks creme.


OPI Fly

OPI Fly

Do you think this color is lovely? I do think this color is superb, but I feel that it's a bit plain just having 2 coats of polishes on my nails. It's my special day after all, I should have more special nail than my normal day right? So I rummaged my storage box for nail art tools and decided to paint some stripping lines on my nails inspired by the gift boxes below. I knew I wouldn't be receiving any present, so I decided to turn my nails into a gift.. lol

Gift box, picture copyright belongs to respective owner
Here is the end results.. I used stripping pen with OPI Alpine snow to draw the straight line and added a little rhinestone to spice things up a little. Do my nails look like a gift boxes? :):)  

OPI Fly with OPI Alpine Snow stripping line
I definitely need more practice on drawing straight and even lines.. lol


Til next time... Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment